5 Party Plans for Your Backyard
Posted March 22, 2022 to Before You Buy: Tips, Advice, Checklists.
One reason many of our customers build patios and decks are for entertaining guests. It makes sense to have company over on a beautiful weekend and have a great time with family and friends.
If you’re going to have a party in your backyard, you will want to plan it. At Sierra Structures, we have some ideas.
5 great party plan ideas for your Raleigh backyard are:
- Build a S’mores Bar around the fire pit: Everyone loves s’mores—kids and adults. They’re so simple to make since they only require three ingredients—marshmallows, chocolate bars and graham crackers. To do it right, set up a staging bar with sticks, plates, and hand wipes so the line can keep on moving.
- Make your decorations double as entertainment: From pinatas to shuffleboards, water slides, corn hole, or hoops on a string, you can incorporate decorations as an activity for guests to participate in.
- Host a cook-off: Are you a competitive grill master? What about your brother-in-law? Plan a party around grilling and make each one select the best food to cook for the group. Everyone will win.
- Set up and outdoor photo booth in your gazebo: Place a light stand at the steps of your gazebo where someone can set a phone to take pictures. Then add a table with funny props or costumes, so that guests can take unique photos to remember the evening with.
- Make it movie night: Buy or rent a project and set up a movie theater outside. Simply hang a white sheet to project the movie onto, lay out blankets, pillows, chairs, etc. and have guests enjoy the flick. Serve popcorn.
If nothing else, we suggest you use your own creativity to make a great party on your patio, gazebo, or deck from Sierra Structures. To get a quote on your next backyard project, contact us today.