Choosing a Fence Contractor: What to Expect
Posted May 3, 2021 to Before You Buy: Tips, Advice, Checklists.
Whether it’s residential or commercial, a property is a major investment. Taking care of it and keeping it secure is very important. So, when you decide to add a fence, you want to pick the right contractor to make sure the job is done properly and at the right price.
When choosing a contractor like Sierra Structures here a few things to look out for and what to expect in the process:
- Start by looking for a well-established company with an outstanding track record and reputation. Sierra Structures has been in business for over 20 years, is an Angie’s List Award winner and has multiple 5-Star reviews on Google. We welcome customers to provide reviews on our website.
- Also, look for companies that offer multiple different fence types and make sure they use only the highest quality materials. We provide an unmatched selection of options with the best materials available for your budget. Ask the contractor for design ideas to enhance the security and appearance of the fence.
- You should expect your contractor to provide you with a solid estimate and an expected time frame for completion once you approve the work. The contractor should not have any hidden fees or bogus charges to add to the final invoice. Ask for a written contract before any work begins.
- Make sure the fencing company is licensed and insured. A good contractor will be able to provide you with their license number and information about their insurance coverage. In addition, find out what types of warranties the contractor provides for the materials and their workmanship.
- Other items to consider include asking if the contractor will obtain any necessary permits, if they have a list of references, if they have a portfolio of previous projects, and how much they will communicate and update you on the status of the project.
For a free estimate from the Triangle Area’s best fencing company, contact us today!