Five Ways to Keep a Home Addition Looking New
Posted May 4, 2020 to Before You Buy: Tips, Advice, Checklists.
Spring is a great time to make an addition to a home. Whether it’s a porch or deck, the extra space makes life so much better. Like with any home investment, it’s important to keep it looking good.
Here are five ways to keep a home addition looking new:
- Use quality materials: There are a variety of materials used when building a home addition. Usually, you get what you pay for, so we recommend using the highest quality affordable on the long-term, structural parts of the project so that they last longer.
- Set a cleaning routine: We don’t think of cleaning outdoor spaces in our daily cleaning routines, but these areas shouldn’t be overlooked. Cleaning out dirt, pollen, cobwebs and general outdoor grit prevents all that from getting embedded into the structure’s surface and becoming dingy overtime.
- Keep up with maintenance: Beyond regular cleaning, keep up with maintenance. Replace bulbs, re-stain wood surfaces, repair torn screens, pressure wash as needed. This will not only make the home addition look new, but it will keep its good condition for a longer timeframe.
- Personalize it: How a home addition is furnished can date an area or make it look like a brand new room. We may need to use hand-me-downs for furniture, but make it pop with fun colors and accessories to make it current.
- Mix it up: We all know that change can be a great thing from time to time, so change up the space. Moving furniture around or even giving the space a new purpose as needed, can keep a space looking fresh and new.
A home addition is a great investment for a home, but it needs to be taken care of. Luckily, keeping this investment looking new is just a little bit of effort. When you’re ready for an outdoor structure in the Raleigh area, talk to Sierra Structures.