The Perfect Summertime Outdoor Home Additions
Posted June 30, 2021 to Before You Buy: Tips, Advice, Checklists.
June means summer has arrived. With long, hot days and beautiful nights, it’s a great time to relax outdoors. But just because you’re sitting on that new patio or under that gazebo doesn’t mean there aren’t other home additions that can be done. At Sierra Structures, we never run out of ideas for new, trendy home additions.
Here are some summertime outdoor home additions for you to consider:
- Outdoor storage shed: When the garage has gotten too full, and there’s no more room to store that riding lawn mower or all of the kids’ sporting gear, the next option is to add an outdoor storage shed in the backyard. But before you buy a pre-fabricated unit from the hardware store, consider having one built that is sturdier, matches your home’s décor, and will last a lot longer.
- Fire pit: Campfires are an amazing area for friends and family to gather around in the evening time, and they can be used nearly year-round in the Triangle because of the weather here. Whether it’s roasting marshmallows, keeping warm on a cool night, or just hosting a party outside, a good fire pit is a sure-fire hit.
- Sundae bar: Who doesn’t love ice cream? Adding an outdoor sundae bar on a patio or deck is an instant way to add joy for the family on those hot summer days. Include a refrigerator or freezer to keep the ice cream, toppings, and whipped cream cold.
- Hammock swing: Rather than tying a hammock to a couple of old pine trees, consider building a permanent structure that you can hang it to. Add a roof or screen over top to deflect the sun.
- Work studio: For more people, working from home has become a permanent situation. It doesn’t have to be done in the kitchen or the den. Consider adding a work studio in the backyard to allow for some privacy and peace and quiet.
If you’re looking for more ideas, just ask us. Whatever the goal is, we can help achieve you achieve that goal with our customized solutions. Enjoy the summer!