Sierra Structures—2023 Fence Trends We Expect to See
Posted January 20, 2023 to Before You Buy: Tips, Advice, Checklists.
Now that another year is upon us, Sierra Structures likes to take a look at future and current trends in our industry. We want to stay informed and stay ahead of the curve, so we can provide the best tips and ideas to our customers. Here are some 2023 trends we expect to see for fences.
1. Use of new materials. As supply chains continue to tighten and industries focus on environmental concerns, many fencing supplies will turn towards materials that are recyclable, reusable, and carbon neutral. This will especially hold true in industrial and corporate fencing materials.
2. Going Horizontal. Traditionally, most wooden privacy fences are built with the planks standing vertically. We see this trend slowly changing as horizontal-plank privacy fences will grow in popularity for their appearance.
3. Wrought iron for the front yard. In city neighborhoods, there is a growing trend to install wrought iron fences covering the front yard. Not only is this done for security reasons, but the appearance is much more appealing than a chain link or picket fence. Plus, it lasts much longer.
4. Newer and more fashionable colors. For those with wooden fences (and aren’t restricted by an HOA), we expect to see homeowners paint their fences in newer and more fashionable colors. Gone are just plain white or stained brown.
5. Decorating around the fence. In addition to vibrant colors, new trends will include decorations around the fence like stacked planters, shrubs, hanging decorations, flags, and other items. For more trends or to get a quote and design ideas on your next fence, contact us at Sierra Structures.