Sierra Structures—Summer 2022 Backyard Trends
Posted June 2, 2022 to Before You Buy: Tips, Advice, Checklists.
Summer is here in the Triangle. Officially, the first day of summer is June 21, but all anyone has to do is look at the weather and know it’s already arrived. With that in mind, we wanted to share some of our favorite backyard trends we are seeing at Sierra Structures!
The top 5 backyard trends we are seeing with our customers as they prepare for summer are:
- Outdoor Living Rooms. While outdoor kitchens were popular before, outdoor living rooms have started catching on. Outdoor living rooms don’t just include furniture. Instead they contain full entertainment such as televisions, stereos, bars, and game setups.
- Privacy screens, hedges or partial fences. As families spend more time outdoors in the back yard, they are looking for a little more privacy. They’ve begun planting privacy hedges or shrubs, or they have installed partial fencing or screens to hide certain areas. In addition, these items can serve as a way to section off certain parts of a yard that are used for play or other activities.
- Fire pits. We know that we’ve said this before, but fire pits (even portable smokeless ones), are increasingly popular as a center of attraction in backyard entertaining. Homeowners are installing areas in the yard where the fire pit is the base for all gatherings.
- Planters. They come in all shapes and sizes, but gardening is definitely trending upwards in backyards, and instead of planting flowers or vegetables in the ground, home owners are installing planters such as multi-layered structures, walls, or even adding features to an off-the-ground deck to hang them or mount them on the edges.
- Custom playsets. Instead of buying the standard swing set from the local hardware store, many homeowners with young children are installing customized playsets that match the décor or features of the home.
If there any of these items sound attractive to you, and you’re interested in having Sierra Structures build them for you, then contact us today. No project is too large or small for us. We want you to enjoy your backyard this summer.