What Style Fencing is Best For your Home
Posted August 1, 2023 to Before You Buy: Tips, Advice, Checklists.
What Style Fencing is The Best For Your Home
Whether someone chooses to tackle the task alone or hire a professional to install it, adding a fence is a big decision to make. Adding a fence will set the tone for outdoor parties, wildlife, playdates, and many other gatherings that can be hosted. There are many different styles of fences that you can choose from. Choosing the right fence can be a challenge. There are many aspects that come into play when it comes time for choosing the style and the material.
When it comes to choosing what style fencing is best, there isn't a right or wrong answer. It all depends on preferences and the true reason of why one chooses to have one installed in the first place. If you choose to have a fence installed by a professional, it is crucial to see what work they have completed in the past. With the assistance of a fencing professional such as one from Sierra Structures, choosing and installing a fence can be made easy. However, if it is still a struggle, our team at Sierra Structures, has constructed this blog to help rule out the pros and cons of all of the options.
What Style Fencing is The Best For Your Home:
- Pros: The pros of vinyl fencing: it is affordable, durable, low maintenance, it offers a wide range of styles, and it can be wind and sound resistant.
- Cons: The cons of vinyl fencing: It can have a higher installation cost, some versions can become brittle, they are not heat or fire resistant, and it is not as environmentally friendly.
- Pros: The pros of wood fencing: it is affordable, easy to paint or stain, certain types can offer more privacy, it can act as a sound barrier when installed high enough without gaps or panels.
- Cons: The cons of wood fencing: routine maintenance may be required, susceptible to pests, may need to replace certain parts if it becomes damaged due to time.
Aluminum Fencing (also referred to as ornamental)
- Pros: The pros of aluminum fencing: It can be more affordable overtime, it is lightweight, it is durable, and it requires less maintenance.
- Cons: The cons of aluminum fencing: It doesn't offer privacy, can bend easily, higher grade aluminum is expensive, and it does not hold up well in extreme weather conditions.
Chain Link Fencing
- Pros: The pros of chain link fencing: it is affordable, does not block views, easy to have installed, and low maintenance.
- Cons: The cons of chain link fencing: It is less secure, it doesn't offer wind or sound resistance, and it doesn't increase resale value as much as other options.
When it comes to choosing the best style of fencing, it can be a challenge. Lots of aspects come into play when it comes to making this decision. However, with the assistance of a fencing professional from Sierra Structures, the decision making process and installation can be made easy.